Saturday, 2 July 2016

Genestealer Hybrids

Hi all.
Here are a few of my Genestealer Hybrids that I painted from the Deathwatch Overkill game.
I was lucky enough to design a lot of the Hybrids in the game and knew that i would have to paint some up after. :)
I went for a retro sci fi colour scheme which i think suits them quite a lot, the bight orange boiler suits contrast really well with the off white armour and also hint towards the industrial nature of the mining suits.
I'm hoping to paint some more up in the future and i'll get some detail shots up soon if you are interested.
Thanks for reading, Daz :)

9 comments:

  1. These are fantastic, thanks! and I didn't realise you'd designed them. They're some of my favourite of GW's most recent minis; monstrous demons and superhuman soldiers are great but I'm all about the foot-sloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These models were, in large part, responsible for arresting my growing disinterest with GW. I'd always dreamt of owning a Genestealer Cult force since seeing them many years ago in White Dwarf, when I was a mere youngling. Your paint job captures the human aspect of the hybrids perfectly. Thank you for producing such inspiring work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was drawn to the deathwatch game because of the hybrids. They are really cool, evocative pieces. This color scheme is too notch. I think I'll copy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great models, great painting, truly inspiring work. You are a very talented man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant work - I for one would be interested in seeing more of your work on these! ;)

    W

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how well you tied the sculpts in with the originals! Gorgeous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic! Could I ask what orange you used for the boiler suits please?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darren,

    I decided to return to the hobby and was looking for an army to choose and this picture is one of the reasons I decided to go for genestealer cults. I love the models and the color scheme.

    One of the things I like more of the painting is the workforce look of the orange-prision-like jumpsuits. I think it fits perfectly the typical "just a work squad that got some weapons" theme of the cults.

    I was wondering… what colors did you use for the orange and the highlights?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete