Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Wolf Brothers

This is my 2014 Golden Demon Open Competition entry which was awarded silver on the day. I enjoyed this project a lot, Space Wolves are one of my favourite 40k armies and i had this idea for a vignette for a while.
The theme is that the two Wolf Guard Terminators are brothers from the tribe on Fenris who both where inducted into the Space Wolves chapter. One of the brothers is older and wise who is covering his younger brother is wild and head strong as he charges into battle. Together they are aiding the Cadians from a Chaos Thousand Son incursion.
I wanted a more modern feel when painting the miniatures, that means no bright reds and less of a baby blue colour for the armour. The painting itself took a long time to complete but i'm happy with the results.
I was very happy with my silver trophy, it was a great event on the day!
I hope you like, any comments are welcome.
Cheers! Darren














9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work man - glad I got to see it and meet you in the flesh at the weekend! Really love the composition; what inspired you to pick two miniatures for a diorama? I guess he only other place I've see two is in the duel category, so it's nice to see convention broken, as it were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's was good to meet everyone on Sunday! I just went for the 2 miniatures as I wanted the focus on them and for them to tell the story.

      Delete
  2. This was my favourite entry by far on the day. Really glad to see some photos now. The level of detail was just on another level of anything else there, its like you painted a 3 up and scaled it down with the freehands.

    Side note I really enjoyed your basing class. Obviously theres only so much you can pick up in 20mins but was great to see. Currently googling for some Uriel? Are there plans for another eavy metal master class this year or next? Gutted I missed the one last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'm not sure when the next masterclass will be. Head office is currently having construction work done so it might be a while. Keep your eye out on the website. I think I will do longer demo pods next time ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Congratulation, you deserve this trophy ! The paint work is amazing, colors are splendid...And I even love the base.
    This is the kind of work I can't get bored :)

    Good job,

    Bye bye !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darren,

    Well done on these, great entry. Is there any chance you could share the colour recipe for the grey at all?

    Want to get away from the baby blues of norm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Is there a place we can see all the golden daemon entries?

    I also miss all those EM masterclasses you and the other painters did in WD. My favorite part of the magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. As a Space Wolves player I am really jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of your paint jobs, especially of your Space Wolves.

    Would you mind to tell me which colors you have used to paint the bases of your Space Wolves miniatures?
    I have tried unsuccessfully similar results with my bases.

    Thanks in advance

    Greetz

    ReplyDelete